Use of Personal Information
- We will only contact you in connection with your enquiry and/or in pursuit of the Trust's aims. Please let us know if you object to this.
- We will not disclose information about you to third parties unless you have given your consent. However, we may pass on your contact details: if (1) they are already available to the public, or (2) if the availability of your contact details is an integral part of a service you are providing.
- Personal information (other than your contact details) is used only for the provision of our services to you. This information is not used for any other purpose.
The Data Protection Principles
Anyone processing personal data must comply with the eight enforceable principles of good practice. They say that data must be:
- fairly and lawfully processed
- processed for limited purposes
- adequate, relevant and not excessive
- not kept longer than necessary
- processed in accordance with the data subject's rights
- not transferred to countries without adequate protection.
Personal data covers both facts and opinions about the individual. It also includes information regarding the intentions of the data controller towards the individual, although in some limited circumstances exemptions will apply. With processing, the definition is far wider than before. For example, it incorporates the concepts of 'obtaining', holding' and 'disclosing'.
You can review the Data Protection Principles at http://www.ico.gov.uk
Published 27th February 2013
The Barn Own Trust